LF Gresham House UK
Smaller Companies Fund
A high-conviction, concentrated fund, which through its dedicated focus on smaller UK companies and fundamentals-based stock picking, aims to deliver good risk-adjusted returns with low correlation to its peer group.
The fund aims to provide capital growth over the long term (in excess of five years). The fund targets consistent annual returns from a quality and fundamentals focused investment strategy.
We identify niche growth businesses with strong long term financial performance, established management teams and a sound market position to deliver future growth potential.
Reasons to invest
We believe there is significant opportunity in the segment of the market between £250m and £1bn market cap at point of investment, because:
- A lack of research provides opportunities for stock-pickers
- New ideas are continuously unearthed within an investment universe that is changing constantly
- It potentially offers discounted valuations due to companies being less well-known and with a perception of high risk
- Highly selective investment process that utilises a ‘bottom-up’ fundamentals driven approach
- Focus on established profitable growth businesses avoiding loss makers and early stage business model risk
- Focused on quality niche companies that are potentially well positioned to grow despite economic uncertainty
A structured and disciplined process designed to insulate us from macro and external factors that might affect companies’ performance.
There is significant opportunity in the segment of the market between £250m and £1bn at point of investment, which our process seeks to unlock:
- Idea generation – tapping into a variety of sources through our network of relationships
- Investment universe – we screen by size, sector, financial strength and valuation
- Target list – ideas reviewed regularly to identify management teams to contact
- Investment appraisal – providing insight to this process through a smaller-company focus and private-equity techniques
- Conviction score – rating conviction and using it to determine relative weightings
How to invest
Prospective investors can purchase shares directly from Link Fund Solutions Limited or through a professional adviser or other intermediary. Application forms can be obtained from Link Fund Solutions.
Third party trademarks are used with the permission of their respective owners. This website is an independent publication and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, sponsored or otherwise approved by the third party trademark owners.