Complaints handling policy
Gresham House Asset Management Limited
Complaints Manager contact details
Name: Geoff Lambert
Telephone: +44 (0)20 3875 9854
Address: 80 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6EE
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to our complaints manager at the earliest opportunity or to a member of the senior management if the complaints manager is unavailable. We will also
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
- Give details in our acknowledgement letter of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
- Fully investigate the complaint
- Keep you informed of our progress
- Discuss with you our findings and proposed response
You will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately. We will let you have our final response as soon as possible and not later than eight weeks.
The complaints manager will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is the firm’s policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant
- Relating to regulated activity
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience
This will set out clearly the firm’s decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
We must include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service in the final response if dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we will:
- Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits
Complaints settled within 3 business days
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently.
Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, being a written communication from us which:
- Refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Indicates whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service
In addition to sending you a Summary Resolution Communication, we may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
- We consider that doing so may better meet your needs
- We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint
Closing a complaint
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Financial Ombudsman service
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman.
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
T: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling using a mobile) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)
Gresham House Asset Management Ireland Limited
Gresham House Asset Management Ireland Limited (Gresham House, Ireland) is fully committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service. If you feel that we have not met these standards, please get in contact with us and we will do our best to resolve the matter and improve our service.
As a firm we value our clients’ feedback and fully investigate any complaints or concerns.
“Complaint” refers to an expression of grievance or dissatisfaction by a consumer, either orally or in writing, in connection with: a) the provision or the offer of the provision of a product or service to a consumer by Gresham House Ireland; or b) the failure or refusal of Gresham House, Ireland to provide a product or service to a consumer;
Where this is expressed, our staff are required to follow our internal complaint procedure.
How to Raise a Complaint
If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by Gresham House Ireland, you are entitled to make a complaint to us and request that an investigation is carried out.
Your first point of contact, for raising a complaint, is your usual Gresham House, Ireland contact. However, if you feel that your complaint cannot be resolved by them, or you are uncomfortable raising it directly, you can contact our Head of Compliance, at the address below.
Head of Compliance
Gresham House Asset Management Ireland Limited
42 Fitzwilliam Place
We will acknowledge, investigate, and respond to all complaints in accordance with our internal complaint procedure.
As part of your complaint details, we would kindly request that you provide us with the following information:
- Your full name, address, portfolio or reference number, your telephone number, and a convenient time to contact you, should you wish to discuss the matter.
- A full description of your complaint and what you want us to do to resolve your complaint.
- Copies of any relevant documentation you wish us to consider as part of the complaint investigation.
The Next Steps
Once we have received your complaint, we will acknowledge it in writing. We will also advise you of the individual’s name who will be investigating, and managing, your complaint.
As part of the Gresham House, Ireland complaints process, the Gresham House Ireland Head of Compliance will be notified of your complaint. Please be assured that all responses are reviewed by members of the Gresham House Ireland Compliance team to ensure that the local compliance standards are met.
The Head of Compliance will carry out an independent investigation and address the matters which you have raised. We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible, and we will keep you informed of progress.
Once the investigation has concluded, we will provide you with a written response within 8 weeks of your initial complaint or explain the reasons for the delay. This response may offer redress, where it is appropriate.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you have received, you are entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Services & Pensions Ombudsman (the FSPO).
The FSPO is independent, and its role is to deal with complaints which consumers have regarding their dealings with financial service providers. Their website address is www.fspo.ie.
Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman
Phone: +353 1 567 7000
We will not share your personal data, in relation to a complaint, with any external parties except where we are required to do so by law, or where you have provided your consent.